Today I am launching my fashion & lifestyle blog. I am not a poet and what makes it even worse – English is not even my native language. So, I have some fair doubts about the success of my posts and writing. A thing, which I probably should not tell you.
Francis Bacon once said:
If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainties.
And that is exactly what I intend to do – begin with doubts, end with certainties. Full steam ahead. For this time let’s discuss me. I will let you dive deep into a distant and very personal place in my mind. You will be ‘honored’ to see what a person I really am.
And what could assist me better in this affair than the Proust questionnaire? It took me a while to answer all the questions, but I tried to be as honest as my conscience let me. Here am I, all yours, like an open book. Enjoy.
My Lifestyle Blog: 35 Questions by Proust questionnaire
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
– I have not figured out one yet. I have plenty of happiness-related ideas but none of them are perfect. Maybe that’s what makes them so fascinating and worth achieving.
2. What is your greatest fear?
If you want to hear my straight answer (no thinking), that would be – to lose my mind or sanity. If my future boss would ask me what is your positive traits I would say it’s my mind. Life flies fast. Today you are 20, tomorrow – 59. It’s essential to keep your mind clean and constantly improve it over your whole life. This lifestyle blog is one more reason to grow (at some point).
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
– Quick temper. I can get angry/irritated/pissed off rather quickly. According to this Sigmund Freud’s quote, I suppose that there are times when my personality becomes miniature. He said one:
The scale of your personality is determined by the problem, which can ruffle your feathers.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
– A lack of desire to learn, evolve and work on oneself.
“You cannot evolve unless you are willing to change.”
– Leon Brown
5. Which living person do you most admire?
– Neil Patrick Harris. I could say something like ‘my dad’ or ‘my mother’ but that is needless to say. That is why Neil Patrick Harris. The guy is just unbelievable…
He not just “an actor”. He’s something more. Great singer, awesome dad, magician (!!!), and more.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
– There were times when I had long hair. Very long hair. Tremendously long hair for a guy. Take a look at the photo below. I’m 17 here and this shot was taken in my beloved childhood village – Chernoistochinsk.
7. What is your current state of mind?
– Live and learn and pass it on.
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
– Self-sacrifice. Maybe I will put it in the discussion in some of my next articles on the lifestyle blog. I got a lot to say about this. Over the past 10 years, I became quite cynical. I do admire sacrifice but in a particular way. Like in the quote below.
There is no success without sacrifice. If you succeed without sacrifice it is because someone has suffered before you. If you sacrifice without success it is because someone will succeed after.
9. On what occasion do you lie?
– Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
– I believe that now I am old enough to live in agreement with my own body. Especially when you’re a lifestyle blogger you gotta be yourself in front of the camera no matter what. This is exactly what makes you perfect – to be perfect for yourself. I accept myself and every part of my appearance.
It took a while to learn this, but eventually, it happened. Let me put it this way: the more you are talking about your shortcomings, the more attention others pay to them and the more noticeable any fault gets. That is why I will tell you that I am absolutely undoubtedly fabulous (even though it’s not entirely true).
11. Which living person do you most despise?
– Imagine that, none. I tried to remember at least one but I failed miserably.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
– Charisma, ability to take responsibility, respect for women, the courage to tell the truth, and when needed, to express a personal opinion.
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
– Charm, ability to act naturally. Accuracy, sophistication, intelligence, good taste.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
– I wish I knew. Hope you’ll tell me when you read my lifestyle blog. But because of the lack of words in my head dictionary, I would probably say “Basically”, “Essentially” “Truly”. I always remove 90% of repeating words while text editing. So funny to read me and correct so many similar phrases and words. Lol
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
– Since I broke up after 10 years of happily-ever living, I would say – no one at this moment.
16. When and where were you happiest?
– A moment when I first crossed a border of the country where I was born. That is ironic, one day I will tell you why. We were moving to Ireland. Best decision I made in my life so far.
17. Which talent would you most like to have?
– The ability to concentrate on one thing for a very long period of time. I made big progress since my last tries to be consistent and diligent. And yet there is a lot to do.
Break every chain of mediocrity that confines you. You may have begun at a level below average, but dare to leave that side and paddle your steps to cross the river with honours.
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
– I’m okay with all things that I have and will have. For Everything Else, there’s MasterCard 🙂
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
– I am sure that my greatest achievements are still ahead, waiting for me. At this moment I would say successfully functionating e-commerce business, huge singing progress, satisfactory guitar playing, and the same status in English learning.
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
– Maybe a beloved home cat. Sometimes I look at my cat and I get jealous of his lifestyle.
21. Where would you most like to live?
– London, baby! It’s actually true. This is my next stop. See you there guys. 🙂
22. What is your most treasured possession?
– My skills, my mind, my experience. Things that make me myself.
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
– That’s a toughie. Probably, to come back to the point from which I started and to stay on that point.
24. What is your favorite occupation?
– Studying, learning new, and getting results from it. Cooking, Singing, play the guitar.
25. What is your most marked characteristic?
– My cheekbones, darlings. 🙂
26. What do you most value in your friends?
– Straightforwardness, ability to express their honest opinion, loyalty.
27. Who are your favorite writers?
– Alexandre Dumas, Rafael Sabatini, and those who write textbooks, dictionaries, manuals, instructions, tips and tricks, and any other things that help me (and others) learn and use information. That is not as fancy as writing the name of some philosopher. But I am trying to be honest in my answers here.
28. Who is your hero of fiction?
– Could not choose. There are so many wonderful characters in each great book, a good movie, that it is impossible to choose just one.
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
– None, I love being myself as my lifestyle blog will be something unique. At least I’ll do my best to make it.
30. Who are your heroes in real life?
– Girls/women who go through a period, epilation, mansplaining, and all the other gender-related troubles with a happy face and positive attitude.
31. What are your favorite names?
– Ideafix. That’s how they called a dog in Asterix and Obelix movie. Genius!
32. What is it that you most dislike?
– Foolish people and the troubles they cause for everybody else.
33. What is your greatest regret?
– A realization that I could have started doing/learning/achieving some things earlier.
34. How would you like to die?
– I apologize for these words, but I could not say it differently: 1. Painless 2. Fucking hard and enjoying life.
35. What is your motto?
– I have two of them
These were my 35 answers to 35 questions from the Proust questionnaire. Hope you have not fallen asleep while reading.
What would be your answers to the same questions?
How would you reply to all or some of them?
Would love to read your replies to get to know you better and welcome to my lifestyle blog.