Today I am launching my blog. I am not a poet and what makes it even worse – English is not even my native language. So, I have some fair doubts on the success of my posts and writing. A thing, which I probably should not tell you. However, as Francis Bacon once said:
‘If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainties.’
And that is exactly what I intend to do – begin with doubts, end with certainties. Full steam ahead. For this time let’s discuss me. I will let you dive deep into a distant and very personal place of my mind. You will be ‘honored’ to see what a person I really am.
And what could assist me better in this affair than Proust questionnaire? It took me a while to answer all the questions, but I tried to be as honest as my conscious let me. Here am I, all yours, like an open book. Enjoy.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
– I have not figured out one yet. I have plenty of happiness-related ideas but none of them are perfect. May be that’s what makes them so fascinating and worth achieving.
2. What is your greatest fear?
– To lose my mind or sanity.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
– Quick temper. I can get angry / irritated / pissed off rather quickly. Sigmund Freud once said: “The scale of your personality is determined by the problem, which can ruffle your feathers.” According to this quote, I suppose that there are times when my personality becomes miniature.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
– A lack of desire to learn, evolve and work on oneself.
5. Which living person do you most admire?
– Neil Patrick Harris. I could say something like ‘my dad’ or ‘my mother’ but that is needless to say. That is why Neil Patrick Harris.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
– There were times when I had long hair. Very long hair. Tremendously long hair for a guy. Longer than any of my girlfriends had.
7. What is your current state of mind?
– Live and learn and pass it on.
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
– Self-sacrifice. May be I will put it on discussion in some of my next articles.
9. On what occasion do you lie?
Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
– I believe that now I am old enough to live in agreement with my own body. I accept myself and every part of my appearance. It took a while to learn this, but eventually it happened. Let me put it this way: the more you are talking about your shortcomings, the more attention others pay to them and more noticeable any fault gets. That is why I will tell you that I am absolutely undoubtedly fabulous (even though it’s not entirely true).
11. Which living person do you most despise?
– Imagine that, none. I tried to remember at least one but I failed miserably.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
– Charisma, ability to take responsibility, respect for women, the courage to tell the truth, and when needed, to express personal opinion.
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
– Charm, ability to act natural. Accuracy, sophistication, intelligence, good taste.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
– I wish I knew. Hope you’ll tell me when you read my blog.
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
16. When and where were you happiest?
– A moment when I first crossed a border of the country where I was born. That is ironic, one day I will tell you why.
17. Which talent would you most like to have?
– The ability to concentrate on one thing for a very long period of time.
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
– Get rid of my childhood traumas.
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
– I am sure that my greatest achievements are still ahead, waiting for me.
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
– May be a beloved home cat. Sometimes I look at my cat and I get jealous of his lifestyle.
21. Where would you most like to live?
– London, baby!
22. What is your most treasured possession?
– My skills, my mind, my experience. Things that make me myself.
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
– That’s a toughie. Probably, to come back to the point from which I started and to stay on that point.
24. What is your favorite occupation?
– Studying, learning new, and getting result from it.
25. What is your most marked characteristic?
– My cheekbones, darlings.
26. What do you most value in your friends?
– Straightforwardness, ability to express their honest opinion, loyalty.
27. Who are your favorite writers?
– Those who write textbooks, dictionaries, manuals, instructions, tips and tricks, and any other things that help me (and others) learn and use information. That is not as fancy as writing a name of some philosopher. But I am trying to be honest in my answers here.
28. Who is your hero of fiction?
– Could not choose. There are so many wonderful characters in each great book, good movie, that it is impossible to choose just one.
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
– None, I love being myself.
30. Who are your heroes in real life?
– Girls / women who go through period, epilation, mansplaining, and all the other gender related troubles with happy face and positive attitude.
31. What are your favorite names?
– Ideafix. That’s how they called a dog in Asterix and Obelix movie. Genius!
32. What is it that you most dislike?
– Foolish people and the troubles they cause for everybody else.
33. What is your greatest regret?
– A realization that I could have started doing / learning / achieving some things earlier.
34. How would you like to die?
– I apologize for these words, but I could not say it differently: 1. Painless 2.Fucking hard and enjoying life.
35. What is your motto?
– I have two of them:
These were my 35 answers to 35 questions from Proust questionnaire. Hope you have not fallen asleep while reading.
What would be your answers to the same questions? How would you reply to all or some of them? Would love to read your replies to get to know you better.